God’s Story in 66 Verses
The Bible can seem like a big, intimidating book—mysterious, confusing, and often hard to understand. Written over a span of fifteen hundred years, two millennia ago, God’s Word sometimes feels like a mishmash of stories and literary styles. What can be done to make it more accessible to twenty-first-century readers?
Stan Guthrie’s answer: begin by zooming in on one key verse for each of the Bible’s sixty-six books. Seeking to bring clarity and simplicity to the study of God’s Word, Guthrie has written a concise, easy-to-digest collection of wisdom anchored in one verse for each book, from Genesis to Revelation—a verse that summarizes or lays the foundation for that book, placing it in context with the rest of the Scriptures.
Because Words Matter …
Stan Guthrie knows the power of words to change lives.
- Editor at Large both for the Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview and Christianity Today, as well as a columnist for BreakPoint.org, Stan produces arresting copy for books, articles, op-eds, reports, press releases, and more.
- He is a top-flight editor who can take your work to the next level and help you get it published.
- A proven and well-connected literary agent, he brings good authors, books, and publishers together.
- With experience at the Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview, Columbia International University, Coral Ridge Ministries, Christianity Today, Wheaton College, InChrist Communications, Books & Culture, and the Billy Graham Center, he understands the evangelical world and how to communicate it to your listeners and readers.
- An inspirational speaker, he offers thoughtful and positive messages about spirituality, world missions, disability, and other topics.
- His blog and Thought of the Day provide an insightful and entertaining perspective on new books, issues, and trends.
Welcome to Stan’s professional website, which is being updated constantly. We hope you enjoy, take time to explore, learn something new—and come back often.