Last week a Sacramento radio station held a contest. Contestants were competing for a hot new video game. The rules? Whoever drank the most bottled water without going to the bathroom would be the winner. Unfortunately, no one remembered the inconvenient medical fact that too much of a good thing, even water, can be deadly. And indeed one of the contestants died of water intoxication. Even the winner became ill.
The only question is whether the deceased woman should be nominated posthumously for a Darwin Award. My vote would be for the station’s promotions director.