To book an appearance or interview, please e-mail guthsc[at]att.net.
The Answer for Anxiety (excerpt)
Why Did Jesus Ask So Many Questions?
Public Speaker / Preacher/ Teacher
- Three-part Sermon Series: “The Sacrament of Evangelism,” Pathway Community Church, Elmhurst, Ill., September-October 2012.
- Aurora Christian Ministry Network: The Sacrament of Evangelism.
- Moody Pastors Conference: The Sacrament of Evangelism.
- Wheaton Evangelical Free Church: “Eyes to See the Works of God.”
- Indiana Wesleyan University: Workshop: “How to Write a Book Proposal.”
- ABC’s Nightline Twittercast: “Are Fears of American Muslims Overblown?” Debate with Ibrahim Hooper.
- Q Place, Vital 2010: All That Jesus Asks.
- Johnsen & Taylor: “What Is the Kingdom of God Like?”
- First Trust, Wheaton, Ill.: “The Spiritual Uses of Unemployment.”
- Tyndale House Publishers: “The Answer for Anxiety.”
- Good News Publishers / Crossway Books: “The God Who Relates,” “The God Who Questions.”
- Christian Book Expo: “Does the God of Christianity Exist, and What Difference Does It Make?” (moderator for panel including Christopher Hitchens, William Lane Craig, Lee Strobel, Jim Denison, and Douglas Wilson).
- The Gathering: Missions in the Third Millennium.
- Wheaton College / Wheaton College Graduate School: “Manuscript Editing,” “Tips for Great Writing,” “Global Trends and Great Commission Progress.”
- College Church: “Christian, It’s Time to Get Your Hopes Up,” “Reaching Jewish People with the Gospel,” “God’s Power, God’s People,” “The Spiritual Uses of Unemployment,” “Suffering and Trials: A Picture of God’s Grace,” “His Forerunner,” “Why We Need the Disabled,” “Top 10 Realities in World Missions,” “Basics on the Least Reached,” “The Work of God Displayed,” “Stories of the Least Reached” (with Harold Smith); “Kingdom Entrepreneurs and Great Commission Companies,” “Christmas Hopes and Fears,” “A Dangerous Faith,” “The Sacrament of Evangelism.”
- Windsor Park Manor: “A Dangerous Faith,” “Why We Need the Disabled,” “I’m Not as Special as I Used to Think.”
- Northwestern College (annual Q&A with students): Missions in the Third Millennium.
- World Journalism Institute: “Basics of Magazine Journalism.”
- International Christian Retail Show: “Three Things Publicists Need to Know….”
- Vermeer String Quartet / University of Chicago (with Barack Obama): “I Thirst.”
- Saint James Cathedral, Chicago / WFMT: Meditation on Jesus’ question “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” during performance of Haydn’s The Seven Last Words of Christ.
- ACMC: “Trends and Great Commission Progress,” “Top 10 Missions Trends.”
- Media Associates International: “The Art of Interviewing.”
- Evangelical Press Association: “21 Trends in Missions.”
- Evangelical Church Library Association: “How I Became an Author,” “Getting Over Yourself: The Joy of Letting Go.”